Following suit of the other car manufacturers, ŠKODA has just launched it's Scrappage Scheme. This is great news if you have a owned diesel car that was registered on, or before, the 31st December 2009 for 6 months or more you are now eligible for a saving on a new ŠKODA petrol or diesel vehicle. Carry on reading to find out how the ŠKODA scrappage scheme works...
When does the ŠKODA scrappage scheme start?
The ŠKODA scrappage scheme is available right now and will run until the end of 2017.
Can I trade in any car make through the ŠKODA scrappage scheme start?
Yes, any car make is eligible to be traded in through the ŠKODA scrappage scheme as long as it meets the criteria listed further down this article below.
What new ŠKODA models can I order through the scrappage scheme?
It must be a new ŠKODA with an EU6 engine (cannot be a used ŠKODA) from the list of eligible ŠKODA models below:
- Citigo (excluding S Trim)
- Fabia Hatch and Estate
- Rapid Spaceback
- Octavia Hatch and Estate (excluding SE Technology)
- Superb Hatch and Estate (excluding SE Technology)
- Yeti (excluding SE Technology)
What happens to my old diesel car?
The diesel car that you trade in will be taken off the road permanently and scrapped.
Am I eligible for the ŠKODA scrappage scheme?
If you meet the following criteria, you are eligible for the ŠKODA scrappage scheme:
- You must have owned a diesel engine vehicle for at least 6 months (any car make).
- Your vehicle was registered on or before 31 December 2009.
- You are looking to purchase a new ŠKODA vehicle.
- You are a retail customer not a business.
What discount can I receive through the ŠKODA scrappage scheme?
The following discounts are available for customers who have an eligible scrappage vehicle.
How long does the ŠKODA scrappage scheme run for?
The ŠKODA scrappage scheme will run for all retail orders placed between 1st September 2017 and 31st December 2017. Your new ŠKODA must be collected by 31st March 2018.
What's the criteria for a diesel car to be scrapped through the scheme?
- Your trade in vehicle must have been registered on or before 31st December 2009.
- Your trade in vehicle must be diesel engine derivative.
- Your trade in vehicle must have been registered in the owner’s name for at least six months.
- Your trade in vehicle can be any make.