The Motability scheme has been around since 1978 and has helped millions of people get access to a brand new car every three years with insurance, breakdown cover and more included. Wondering how the ŠKODA Motability scheme works? Carry on reading to find out more...
What ŠKODA models are available on the ŠKODA Motability scheme?
All of the ŠKODA models are available with the exception of the newly launched ŠKODA Kodiaq SUV. You can choose any ŠKODA from the Citigo, the Fabia, the Rapid, the Rapid Spaceback, the Octavia and the Superb. You also have the choice of either a manual or automatic DSG gearbox.
Do I need to have a medical assessment to get a ŠKODA through the Motability scheme?
The good news is no, there are no medical assessments or waiting lists needed to get a ŠKODA through the Motability scheme.
Do I qualify for the ŠKODA Motability scheme?
To qualify for the ŠKODA Motability scheme you will need to be receiving one of the government funded mobility allowances, please see the qualifying allowances below:
- The Higher Rate Mobility Component (HRMC) of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA).
- The Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component (ERMC) of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
- The War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS) or.
- The Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP).
How much does it cost to get a ŠKODA through Motability?
Depending on the ŠKODA you choose, it will cost either part or all of your mobility allowance. If you fancy a more expensive model that costs more than your allowance, you will need to cover that cost in the form of an advance payment (A one off payment thats non-refundable).
Do I get my advance payment back from ŠKODA?
No, the advanced payment is a one off, non-refundable payment that is paid to ŠKODA either before or on the day you collect your new ŠKODA.
Can I join the ŠKODA Motability scheme if I'm over 65 years old?
Yes, if you currently receive the HRMC (Higher Rate Mobility Component) of the DLA (Disability Living Allowance) or the WPMS (War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement), and you have 12 months or more remaining on your allowance, then you are eligible to join the ŠKODA Motability scheme.
What are the advance payments for a ŠKODA on the Motability scheme?
- ŠKODA Citigo from £0 advance payment.
- ŠKODA Fabia from £0 advance payment.
- ŠKODA Rapid from £0 advance payment.
- ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback from £0 advance payment.
- ŠKODA Octavia from £0 advance payment.
- ŠKODA Superb from £395 advance payment.
Can I have my ŠKODA Motability car adapted to suit my needs?
Yes, you have the option to adapt your ŠKODA Motability car, you can choose from a range of adaptions that will help your driving experience, speak to us for more information on this.
- Driving adaptions, including pedal modifications and electric controls.
- Stowage adaptions, which include rooftop stowage and car boot hoists.
- Access adaptions to help you get in and out of your car, including swivel seats and electric hoists.
How long will my ŠKODA Motability car take to arrive?
Our ŠKODA Motability experts will be able to give you a time, delivery times vary depending on the model and version you decide to go ahead with. Our Motability team will keep you updated.
How do I apply for the ŠKODA Motability scheme?
Motability have made it so easy to get started on the ŠKODA Motability scheme. Request an information pack, or visit the Motability website today to check if you are eligible and get on the way to having a brand new ŠKODA.